Compliance Associate- Awesome FinTech- Amsterdam- €55-€65k + Share Options
Awesome FinTech Business
Salary: €55-65k + Share Options!
Our client launched almost 8 years ago, and have quickly grown to around 800 employees since- a really impressive start for a young business, and they are still growing at around 30-40 new employees every month. They've been recently valued at over €1bn. They offer a Peer-to-Peer lending platform, offering SME businesses the chance to raise money in the form of business loans, which are funded by 'investors'- a concept similar to crowdfunding.
They have a great working Culture and Environment! Including Table Tennis, Jeans/T-shirt dress code. Their Amsterdam office is now in a great stage of growth, and they need a Compliance Associate in the office as they continue to build their presence in the Netherlands.
This will be the first Compliance person on the ground in the Netherlands for our client, which should be seen as a really exciting opportunity for someone to come in and make their mark!
They already have a strong Compliance function globally, with 6 in the UK, and 5 in the US. The head of Compliance for Europe is based in London, who you would report into remotely.
Over time, you would have the chance to build a compliance team in the NL too and you would work internally with the other business units to support and educate where necessary on compliance issues and regulations/laws etc
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Work with teams across the business and gain a deep understanding of their processes.
- Support local management and both local and global operative business units in the implementation of the compliance framework in the Netherlands.
- Build detailed knowledge of the laws and regulations applicable to the business in the Netherlands.
- Carry out regular trainings, in particular in the fields of anti-money laundering, fraud prevention, fair business practices and a sound risk culture.
- Be the first conduct person for any compliance related questions of the local business units and management.
- You will be closely involved in product developments and the management of any major changes in the business.
- Monitor regulatory developments in relation to the peer to peer lending industry in the Netherlands and actively participate in the relevant industry association.
- Carry out monitoring reviews and testing.
- Work with the business to implement global policies and draft local standards and procedures.
GET IN TOUCH
Whether you're a client or a candidate we love to chat about all things FinTech, preferably over a coffee in London, Amsterdam or Berlin!