Global Head of PR & Comms- London
Head of PR & Communications
FinTech Scaleup (series B)
£ Flexible + Share Options
Since launching in 2014 our client has been on a mission to fight fraud and financial crime on a global scale. In that time, they have raised over $35m in funding, opened offices in New York, Singapore and Romania, and have grown to over 190 employees, and they're not stopping there!
They aim to grow to over 300 employees in the next 18 months, as they continue to fight the good fight against financial crime, and help make compliance less painful for their client base of over 450 customers across 45 different countries. They're leveraging game-changing tech to help them on their mission, building their platform around AI, Machine Learning and Big Data, meaning that their solution is unrivalled in it's capabilities.
As they scale globally, and particularly as they continue to build their brand, they are now looking to hire a Head of Global PR & Comms, to be based either in their London or New York office.
This is a Global role, based from London or NYC, so you will be responsible for the global PR & Comms strategy across the business. Reporting into the VP of Marketing, who is based in London, this is a standalone role initially, but will likely involve you building out a team before long.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and management of all global PR, comms (internal and external) Working with content and social media team through to execution, telling the story of our brand.
- Develop and implement PR/comms strategy that positions them as a global brand leader in the market.
- Identify and manage external PR and other agencies and freelancers as needed.
- Develop executive profiles and a steady drumbeat of proactive and reactive news to keep them top of mind.
- Land speaking engagements and award wins.
- Run global research projects leading to thought leadership pieces.
- Develop, support and promote company goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach.
- Develop engaging speaker pitches that win slots on stage at industry and partner events, as well as developing the on-stage content for presentations.
- Media training for key spokespeople globally.
- Develop global POVs - both strategic and reactive.
- Managing regular PR and comms reporting to demonstrate ROI for PR and thought leadership activities.
- Manage analyst relations
- Work closely with leaders and executives to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities through internal communications.
- Manage company response for crisis and emerging issues, working across the business to respond quickly and effectively and acting as spokesperson.
- Stay on top of industry news and ensure the business has a voice on relevant and topical issues.
- 5+ years of directly related B2B or B2C PR and communications experience either in-house or for an agency
- An ideas generator with a nose for a good story.
- Strong collaborator and adept at stakeholder management.
- Proven ability to develop content that captures the attention of clients and press
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong social skills required to manage our engagement and relationships within the company as well as with media, associations and PR agencies.
- Experience in working with a regional and global communications team.
- Excellent communication, presentation and awareness skills.
- Creative ability, and the energy and enthusiasm to promote initiatives.
- Solid B2B event experience (landing speaker slots and developing creative on-stage presentation concepts.
- Consistent track record in delivering global top-tier media hits and thought leadership.
- In-depth knowledge of the fintech, banking, regtech market
- Experience pitching, planning, and working with journalists in the London and or New York market, preferably target publications like WSJ, NYTimes, Forbes, etc
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup
GET IN TOUCH
Whether you're a client or a candidate we love to chat about all things FinTech, preferably over a coffee in London, Amsterdam or Berlin!