Marketing Executive (Graduate), £28,000
Our client is a leading company in the specialised world of sports and financial spread betting. It also offers fixed odds, binary and casino bets. Established in 1999, it has steadily grown both revenues and profits since its inception and now employs 120 people in its modern offices in St Albans, Hertfordshire.
Our client is recruiting for the role of Marketing Assistant in the marketing team.
We are looking for a Marketing Assistant to work as part of the marketing team in close proximity with the sports and financials trading rooms. This will be a 37.5 hour week, generally 9am - 5.30pm, although hours are flexible to cover occasional client events outside these hours.
This is a fast-paced and exciting role which will involve:
- Assisting the Marketing Communications Manager and other marketing team members in implementing the communications strategy to a large client base across a range of formats.
- Updating the the websites with new content and imagery via the CMS.
- Overseeing email, SMS and occasional direct mail marketing campaigns to sections of the database to promote certain product aspects or bet offers.
- Responding to customer queries on marketing campaigns, product updates or bet offers.
- Involvement in affiliate marketing including communicating new product updates or offers to affiliate partners, sourcing new affiliate partners and maintaining existing relationships.
- Occasional telephone communication, contacting clients to inform them of new product updates and to ensure all client contact details are accurately maintained.
- Assisting other team members with the implementation and creation of external advertising campaigns when required as well as contributing with ideas on campaigns for existing clients.
- Helping in the organisation of client events, from time to time.
- Attending occasional client events or corporate/hospitality occasions organised for customers. These could be at venues in the City of London or at major sporting fixtures.
You will need to be adaptable, showing enthusiasm and the organisation skills required to manage yourself in certain situations but also being a team player in different work scenarios.
You must have excellent customer service and communication skills and enjoy meeting and conversing with all types of people.
Experience within a sports or financial marketing or sales background is desirable but not essential.
In addition, the Marketing Assistant will be expected to possess:
- A degree at 2.1 or above, ideally which included a focus on marketing/digital marketing.
- A very high level of personal organisation, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- A high level of personal initiative, creative mind and keen eye for style and design.
- Excellent communication skills, with strong English and good creative writing skills.
- Strong mathematical ability with confidence in analysing and interpreting data.
- A passion for sport, strong general knowledge base of the annual sporting calendar and key events plus awareness of the high profile players/teams in all major UK sports.
- A good understanding of the workings of the financial markets.
- Familiarity with computer software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and InDesign. Basic level of html knowledge also preferred.
GET IN TOUCH
Whether you're a client or a candidate we love to chat about all things FinTech, preferably over a coffee in London, Amsterdam or Berlin!