Application Support Team Lead
Application Support Team Leader
FinTech / Challenger Bank / Open Banking
Upto £60K plus £4K car and 7.5% cash allowance
We are currently working with the UK's leading Digital challenger to banks. For over 10 years they've been building banking services that are fast, smart and simple. Originally established to help customers and micro-businesses getting a raw deal from the high street banks, they've now opened 1.3 million customer accounts and nearly £9 billion in payments processed to date are proof that it’s possible to be both profitable as well as pioneering.
From introducing the first UK prepaid card in 2005, to being the first non-bank to offer a current account, they've been ahead of the curve for as long as they've been around.
An excellent opportunity for a passionate Application Support Team Leader to join the Service Delivery team and help deliver top quality IT services to all users and customers.
they are looking for an individual to create and lead an Application Support function within the existing Service Delivery team as well as providing application support themselves. The initial focus of the role will be to establish the Application Support Team as well as transition support from the Open Banking project team on the recently implemented API services. Existing bespoke application support will also be provided by the team and on occasion the role and team will also be required to fulfil some 1st line Service Desk responsibilities.
- Create a new 2nd line Application Support process, that integrates with 1st and 3rd line teams.
- Train application support analysts on industry standard methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Mentor and lead application support analysts.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of Open Banking capabilities and bespoke applications.
- Provide technical support to partners integrating with Open Banking services.
- Monitor performance, accuracy and availability of Open Banking services.
- Maintain support documentation to ensure common problems can be supported effectively.
- Propose updates to customer facing Open Banking documentation to help customers self-service.
- Be a beta tester for new Open Banking changes.
- Act as hierarchical application support escalation point.
- Provide out of hours On Call support on a rota basis.
Service Delivery Responsibilities
- Triage, investigation and resolution of Service Requests and Incidents within the SLA
- Ownership of tickets through to resolution including escalation to 3rd line support teams.
- Support where required of Microsoft Office, Windows 7/10, Site Standard Desktop, Remote Access, Password Administration, Hardware Diagnostics, Data Network Fundamentals and Web technology.
- Knowledge of relational databases with ability to build queries to retrieve data with filter conditions and from multiple tables using various types of join.
- Acknowledge all inbound user tickets
- Take ownership of all logged issues and requests
- Proactively escalate to management tickets due to breach SLA or have potential to cause significant customer facing impact
- Communicate updates on major incidents to all users and management
- Technical Escalation. Acting as technical escalation point for the Service Desk team to assist
- Experience of leading a team, preferably in the Application Support field
- Previous experience supporting bespoke applications
- Working to SLA’s in a customer facing and commercial environment
- SQL coding experience.
- Ability to test and debug REST APIs and read application logs
- Knowledge of security protocols, OAuth, OpenID Connect, JWT.
- Experience with GIT.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Understanding of DevOps processes.
- Experience with monitoring tools.
- Experience using Slack or similar tool for API Community Support and Monitoring
- Office 365 Exchange
- ITIL knowledge
- Previous financial services experience in a regulated environment or any of the following: -
- o Prepaid / Debit / Credit cards
- o On-line acquisition and On-line banking
- o Mobile servicing / Mobile payments
- o Payment processing (e.g. Faster Payments, Direct Debits etc.)
- Competitive salary plus a cash benefits allowance of 7.5% of basic salary
- 26 days’ holiday rising each full year worked up to 33 days
- Ability to buy and sell a further 5 days each year
- An awesome riverside location by Borough Market and London Bridge Station
- Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent Maternity and Paternity benefits
- Excellent cycle to work facilities
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Free fresh fruit every day!
GET IN TOUCH
Whether you're a client or a candidate we love to chat about all things FinTech, preferably over a coffee in London, Amsterdam or Berlin!